Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

The reason for the Season..

Hello Friends and Family,


I'm sorry it's been so long but, I've been so busy I'm sure you will all forgive me. I'm sorry anyway. So, these past weeks have been amazing.  I'm happy to have the opportunity to spend Christmas is Ghana, it has been humbling and at the same time so very spiritual. I'm coming to understand what Christmas truly is all about. I've had such amazing tender mercies that have been placed in my life this month, amazing investigators and have had so much fun with the other elders in my apartment. 

This season has led me to really reflect on my past Christmas's. I've always been surrounded by friends, family and loved ones enjoying the spirit that comes with this joyous season but, since I've been here, I've been cut off from such things and have experienced the true spirit of Christmas. Its been amazing to study the life of Christ and to see what all he's done for us.

 I have an amazing companion that's helped me to understand that no matter what we think we have been through, no matter how hard we may think our lives are, Jesus Christ has experienced and overcome it all. No matter what we do he understands and can help us through all that we experience here on earth. 

I had the chance to watch "He is the gift" I felt that fit perfectly in to how this Christmas has felt to me, how Christmas should be. Its through him that we can someday return to our Heavenly Father, through him that we can someday experience pure joy and happiness. 

During this beloved Christmas season I ask that all of you focus on Christ and all that he's done for us. He is the only gift that matters in this season. let us put aside the wrapping paper and tinsel and focus on the new born babe in Bethlehem, the child born in true poverty, the child that brought us relief form all guilt and sorrow.

 I Love you all so much, you have inspired me throughout my life and have shown me what it means to be a loving member of the church. I hope and pray with all my heart that you can feel the true spirit of Christmas just as I have. 

Gather as families and reminisce of all the great memories that have been shared and give all thanks and love to the Savior. I hope everyone enjoys this blessed day, again I love you all and hope everything is well.
-Love Elder Lawson

Remember that "big" tree branch he cute down last week, it was their Christmas Tree
Looks like He made some Friends..I love this picture..
Elder Lawson with his Trainer, Its good to see this picture for so many reason!!

 Instead of an Elf on a shelf, he's my Elf in Ghana, he might look like the Grinch but I know that face, and that's his "being funny face"






No comments:

Post a Comment