Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

First Baptism and a True Testimony of Christ..



Hello everyone!
This past week was amazing! I hope that everyone enjoyed this joyous season and had the opportunity to enjoy family and friends. This Christmas was a very different experience, one that I enjoyed more than I thought I ever could. I love my Savior so much, I'm so grateful for all that he has done for me personally and for the opportunity that I now have to share it with those around me.


Things have been great, for one I was able to call home and talk with all my loved ones which was one of the best, if not THE best gift I have ever had. When I made the call, my heart was beating like crazy. I was scared to hear their voices, but after about 10 mins it was businesses as usual. I loved it so much it was so good to hear from everyone, it made my Christmas. I've never loved talking to family so much in all my life. It was an amazing experience for us all.


My apartment had the opportunity to spend time together and I have a special bond with everyone in the apartment, even more so because I spent my first Christmas away from home with them, I'm grateful for them.
I truly felt what it is like to experience a real Christmas, for some reason it only took me 19 years to get there.


My companion and I had our first baptism! It was amazing, his name is Micheal and truly "how great shall be your joy" brothers and sisters, friends and family, I promise you with every fiber of my being that the true church of Jesus Christ has again been restored to the earth through a prophet of God and I have the opportunity to be the lords servant for the next two years.


I've come to love these people so much. Micheal is such an amazing guy and has been such a great example to me. He doesn't care what he has to sacrifice, he wants to follow in the footsteps of Jesus Christ and be baptized through the priesthood and authority of God. This last Sunday he was baptized and I had the opportunity to baptize him, it was an experience that I will never forget for the rest of my life. Standing in that font with Micheal was something that I cannot explain, the only thing that I can say is that the church is true.


I'm so grateful to be here to serve these people. I love my Savior, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.


I love you all so much and hope that everything is going well in your lives. Have an amazing week and find a way to exercise charity in your lifes. let the pure love of Christ shine through you.
Sincerely, Elder Lawson



He said as he was getting ready to baptize Micheal he felt his Grandpa Tom, who served a mission to Africa, and a good friend and his Young Men Leader who Josh was close to, Ron Kester. Both men have passed away, Josh felt them on each side of him, helping him.
I believe that with all my heart..The veil is thin, and we can find help and comfort from those on the other side.

 wow what amazing boys, true modern day stripling warriors.



Oh how I love getting pictures..they melt my heart!



No comments:

Post a Comment