Pages

Monday, September 5, 2016

Best 2 Years of my life so far....


Hello Family and Friends,
I hope this letter finds you all well, wow that's all I feel like I can really say, my time is coming to an end here. I'm going to be so sad. I've spent two years thinking about what it would feel like to go home... I don't like it at all. I feel like I'm leaving home all over again.


Being back in American soon will be an adjustment. My mission has been something that I would not trade for anything. It's not been about me that's for sure, but I have learned more than I thought I ever could. When I came into the mission I thought I knew everything, now as I'm coming back home I feel like I know nothing. It's been so very humbling to see that change.


I love the people here they are my family, that's what will be the hardest for me. these people will forever hold a special place in my heart, I feel like I myself, am Ghanaian, I don't know if I told you about the food when I first came, but I hated it and now I cant imagine eating anything else I don't want anything else I love love love the food.
.
So many things have happened in the last 2 years, I'm having a hard time composing my thoughts here but what I know now that I did not before know is that God truly knows and loves me... I love him more than I thought I ever could. Jesus Christ is my Savior and my Redeemer.. the church is true. I'm just going to say that, The book of Mormon is the word of God and it was translated by a prophet of God.. my testimony is simple but true.
I leave it with you in the name of Jesus Christ Amen..Love, Elder Lawson


Elder Lawson will be home next Wednesday September 14th..I asked what he wanted to eat when he got home, he said "mom I really don't care about the food"  (but later changed his mind and said In and Out Burger) 

I can hear in his emails coming home is hard, he is excited to see family and friends though and looks forward to that.  

2 years away from home, the first year being very hard for him, the struggles the ups and the downs all of it has changed him, he is stronger in so many ways..

I can't wait to squeeze the life out of him, to look into his blue eyes and tell him what a wonderful son he is and how much I have missed him, and how grateful I am for his willingness to serve the Lord. 

The one thing that I know for sure is Elder Lawson, knows how to Love with all his heart, I feel like that is a spiritual gift he has, his heart is big and he will always hold his mission experiences close, and be able to look at things differently..These experiences will shape his life, I'm excited to see what the future holds for this sweet son of mine.

 I know his mission has changed my life in so many ways.  Many blessings have come to our family..I know the Lord hears our prayers and through our service we are blessed, we have been blessed because of Elder Lawsons service.  We have been blessed with 2 adorable twin grandsons who I know have waited 10 years to come to earth..Before Josh left he told his sister Crystal that one of the reasons he wanted to serve a mission was so it would bless her life, Crystal and Brent have worked endlessly and with much expense and thousands of prayers to be parents and the Lord blessed them with two. 
I know the Lord knows us personally and through our service he blesses our families.. I also want to add my testimony that the Lord lives and he loves us so much, Jesus Christ is the head of the church, it has been restored in the latter days through a Prophet of God. I know the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. The book is true and I promise if you read it, and pray about it, you will know for yourself, I could never have sent my son to Africa if I didn't know with all my heart it was true..

Thank you all for your love and support for our family and especially Elder Lawson, he has felt the prayers on his behalf and so have we..
He couldn't download any new pictures so I will choose some of my favorite.























Its been the best 2 years of his life...and the hardest 2 years of his life!!! Thank you Africa for taking care of my son..

1 comment:

  1. Elder Lawsen is truly a special missionary! We will miss him here in the mission. Such a sweet gentle spirit!

    ReplyDelete