Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

Huge Rats and other Fishy Tales..But he wouldn't want to be anywhere else!!

Hello Everyone!
 How has everyone been?!   I hope that your week has been as amazing as mine.  I've been thinking about a lot of things this week.  I've been thinking of Thanksgiving,  I'm not sure if its this week or next, the days mix together.  In our family before Thanksgiving dinner, we would always go around the table and talk about those things that we are truly grateful for, the things that we have been blessed with in our lives.  As I've had the chance to look back on all the blessings Heavenly Father has blessed me with, I'm able to reflect on how much I have been given, too much to be honest.  Its hard to really talk about them, but I just would like everyone to reflect on those blessing in their lives and recognize what we have before we begin to ask for more, or try not to focus on what we don't have.  My father has always tried to teach me that,  but I've really come to understand better while on my mission.  I never really grasped the concept completely, where better then Ghana to help me truly understand being grateful for my blessings.  

This week has been good, I've been able to do a lot of teaching and I've learned so much.  We went on exchanges with the AP's (assistants to the Mission President) and were able to take heed of the council that they gave us as they observed our teaching.  I'm grateful for the  experience I receive from the missionaries that have been out longer, in my case I"m so new everyone is old and I'm just a preemie, but its great to have these Elders around me to look up to as an example of what I strive to become. We have been doing some service for people, the people here dry corn and its called maize,  I don't really understand how to explain the process, but basically its just hardened corn and they take it off the cob and grind it into a flour like substance and they use that to make a bunch of different things,  I think its called gray buy I'm not really sure. It's been fun to try new things. 


I've tried a few new foods too,  I can't tell you what it was but it was different. I hope I learn to love the food. They like to make things taste fishy here and man its something I don't think I'll ever get used to, because back home the fishy taste is always being camouflaged (if you can tell Elder Lawson does not like fishy tastes or smells, Tuna was the hardest for him) but here man they magnify the flavor with concentrated fish cubes, oh well, its part of the experience right! 


I've had many experiences this week that have been amazing testimony builders and have helped me to recognize the promptings of the spirit. I've been able to recognize when I have the Holy Ghost with me,  I want to share an experience I had this week, we were teaching about baptism and the conversation became heated during the lesson, we were trying to teach and then an amazing peace came and we all could feel the spirit soften the hearts of the investigators as they began to ask about what we were teaching instead of trying to prove us wrong, as we shared our message they became more receptive to it.


 I've come to understand that as we testify we are able to bare witness to the people we teach and even though we don't know them and where they are coming from the spirit can touch their hearts. The Lord has truly blessed me, I've been able  to see and feel the influence of the spirit. 


 I hope that everyone has had an amazing week and that all is well, I hope you all enjoy gathering with family and enjoying each other and giving thanks for all that you have. Thanks to all those that take time to read my experiences I'm having here on my mission.  I want you to know my love for this gospel is real and I know of its importance in my life. Love to all, Elder Lawson



Yes that is a RAT..Elder Lawson said it was hard to even stand by it..It was lunch for someone., but not Josh..

Husking the corn for them to Grind down.

I miss this Handsome boy

It was one of the Elders Birthday so Elder Lawson treated them to Ice cream 

On their down time, they still like to have fun.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment