Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Sometimes Mission's can be hard..

Hello everyone!
How has your week been?   I hope that all is well, that everyone has been happy and healthy. This has been a pretty average week for us nothing real exciting happened. 
I haven't been eating anything too crazy, well I feel like I haven't but maybe that's just because its become a part of my life.  I'm not sure anymore, 

I'm starting to adjust to mission life, its still hot as ever but its something I'm getting used to. 
We've had some disappointments with our investigators this week, but that's really all that needs to be said because I'm trying my best to keep these letters positive, so how about we talk about Eldad, he's someone that we found on the far end of town just before you leave Fiapre, he was just sitting there with an Awake magazine, for those of you that don't know what that is, its a pamphlet from the Jehovah Witness church, we quickly recognized that Eldad was very knowledgeable about the Bible, he really knows a lot. He was extremely receptive to the message that we brought to him.  The spirit was strong, I felt it and felt excited for him to know the truth of our message, he accepted a Book of Mormon and he made some commitments with us, I wanted him to know the Book of Mormon is another testament of Christ and it just adds to the Bible.  He attended church with us yesterday and that was awesome, he's very humble and teachable.  We are going back to teach him later this week,  I cant wait to catch up on his progress. 

The people here, as I have previously said are amazing they are just humble and willing to listen to what you have to say. I can't believe it is November, it seems so weird,  its almost like a part of me feels like it should be May,  I'm torn between feeling like its been a long time and feeling like I just got here, but I think I'll lean a little towards feeling like I've been here for a while :):):),  

So my mother dear (he has called me that for years) was telling me about a Missionary moms night that Sister Smith put together for our ward,  it made me happy to think about how many missionaries there are in our ward that are out serving right now, (there are 8 elders and 2 sisters, soon to be 3 sisters)  The Elders are like my brothers, we have grown up together and we truly love each other and I know that for me I miss them like crazy and think about them all of the time but Conner, Chase, Micheal, Travis, and Ross have been out for a year or more and it feels like just last week that I went with Conner to the airport and told him I loved and respected him for serving and now there old missionary men, its crazy.  I hope they are doing well,  I'm going to write them letters  today.  A big reason the Elders and Sisters are on missions in our ward is because our ward is so awesome not only our parents but the leaders that care for our youth have been a such great support to all of us. I'm not sure where we would be without them.   I would just like to express my gratitude for their efforts,  This is the season of Thankfulness, right?! 

Now I"d like to tell you a few of the terrible names of businesses here:  
1. His and Hair Barber, that one is one of the best. 
2. By his grace market 
I mean yeah its great, but not really, they always make me laugh though.  The semi fuel tanks here have writing all over them, they say "extremely flammable no open flame, English people English, so funny.  

This week has been good. life in Ghana is great.  We had a zone conference that was awesome we had some talks on hope and faith,things that I needed to hear right now.  

 I'm grateful for my mission president and his wife they are great to us and treat us so well.  I love them and all that they do for us. The church is true I know that with all my heart and lean upon it when things get hard, I hope that everyone has a great week and that all is well!
-Elder Lawson



Sister Holmes is so cute, Elder Lawson said she takes pictures of  him and  says "I need to get pictures for your mom, he said he knows how happy it makes me, and it really, really does..Thank you, Thank you Sister Holmes!!

Such handsome Missionaries!

I think this is where Elder Lawson goes to Church..


No comments:

Post a Comment