Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Merry Christmas from Ghana

Hello dear family and friends,
Merry Christmas
Wow how the year has flown by us, many of you are thinking the same thing, its weird to think that I've spent this whole year in Ghana, it still amazes me when I think about it, but Christmas has again come upon us.

Christmas on mission is something different, so wonderful, so hard, so joyous. My mission has helped me to focus on my life and the Savior, now that the rest of world around me is also focusing on him I've come to truly love this wonderful season, many times over this last year I found myself selfishly pondering on the sacrifice that I've made for the past few months I've been out here in Ghana, over time eventually I've come to realize the great privilege that is mine to serve the lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength. It has helped me to have more charity for those I serve.

Recently our mission president talked about sacrifice our Lord and Savior made as he descended from his throne on high to the humble circumstances he went to in Bethlehem, I don't think I'll ever in this life be able to comprehend the love he has for me, and even the love I have gained for him. He selflessly completed all that his father asked of him while always giving glory unto unto his father. He being perfect descended lower than we ever can or will understand.

He could have rejected to come to earth and suffer but he did all that he could so he could bare our burdens that you and I lay upon him each day. I have felt the Saviors love in my life in times of darkness, in times of trials I know he is there listening.

I feel his hand in my life, I've felt the cleansing power of the atonement that was made possible through him.

I bare witness to you this day that Christ lives he is our Savior and redeemer he loves us more than we will ever know, he's ready and willing to apply his mercy upon us as far as we are willing to come unto him
with a broken heart and a contrite spirit.

Christ is the light and the life of this world as we all come to celebrate his birth I ask that we not loose sight of what we are truly celebrating he's the reason for the season " hark the herald angels sing glory to the new born king peace on earth and mercy mild, god and sinners reconciled, joyful all ye nations rise join the triumph of the skies with angelic hearts proclaim Christ is born in Bethlehem hark the herald angels sing glory to the new born king"

May god bless you all during this wonderful season. Merry Christmas.

I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ amen
much love, 
Elder Lawson

I see Sister Bergeson is his Star..Love it..

No comments:

Post a Comment